[X4U] Sent messages disappeared, how do I get them back?

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Wed May 3 07:36:07 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Mail 1.3.11 on OS 10.3.9

I was cleaning out my "Sent" mailbox by deleting close to 3000 messages
(leaving about 2000). When I quit Mail a message came up that the
Mailbox could not be compressed and would be returned to it's previous
state. When I launched Mail again the Sent mailbox was empty. I checked
under User/~/Mail/POP.../ and the Sent Messages.mbox file is there and
weighs in at 1.48 GB. How do I get these messages back into Mail?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com