[X4U] Sent messages disappeared, how do I get them back?

Jon Kreisler jonkreisler at gmail.com
Wed May 3 08:08:52 PDT 2006

You may want to try this.
Make a copy of the Sent Messages.mbox in a more accessible location (such as
your personal documents folder.) Rename the copy to something like
oldsent.mbox
Start Mail.
>From the "File" menu, choose "Import Mailboxes".
For "Choose type of mailboxes to import" try "Mail for Mac OS X"
Navigate to the folder containing the copy you created.
Check the copy to be imported and click the forward button.