[X4U] CD : Digital Audio cd same as CD for data?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed May 3 16:55:21 PDT 2006

> I have a CD-R disc. It says on it Compact Disc, Digital Audio
> Recordable for Consumer, 80 min, Digital Audio.
>
> Is this disc identical to the disc that I should be using to burn
> data files? Are there two different formatted types of discs?

I believe you can buy two different types of CD-R's, ones for data, and ones
for audio.  When you buy the audio CD-R's the Music Mafia (aka RIAA) get a
cut, and you spend more.  There is no real difference between the two types
if they're the same brand.

OTOH, through Audiophile channels you can get some very good Gold CD-R's,
which are worth the extra money.  Though personally I just use Verbatium
DataLifePlus CD-R's for everything.

		Zane