[X4U] CD : Digital Audio cd same as CD for data?

Frank Isackson fisackson at earthlink.net
Wed May 3 18:59:50 PDT 2006

The quality standards for data media are higher than those for music.
If a microsecond of music were missing your ear wouldn't notice; a
microsecond of data could a catastrophic loss. Similar logic is at
work in the hard disks in iPODs. They are not as fault-free in
recording music as their brethren produced for data storage.

I have had some verification failures in the music media when used
for data. I've never had that experience with data media. I recommend
that if the music ones are cheaper use them for music only.

Frank Isackson