[X4U] Mac Mini's prone to kernal panics?

dz at caribe.net dz at caribe.net
Thu May 4 11:36:27 PDT 2006

I have one with Panther and only *ONCE* got a kernel panic (right around when it was new), while playing with some system settings and not knowing much of what I was doing.  Since then (almost an entire year now), I haven't had a single panic.

On the other hand, my wife has an iMac PPC with Tiger and used to get kernel panics all the time.  It used to happen when she was connected to the Internet (via dialup) and left her computer idle for a while.  We had a few call-ins with Apple support, and they replaced most of the machine (including the main board), but it wasn't until the modem was changed that the panics went away.

Do you connect via dial-up?

    -dZ.