[X4U] Re: What Is IMAP ?

Cornett cornett at gol.com
Thu May 4 16:02:03 PDT 2006

Eugene, Neil, Randy, et All
G'day!...

On May 05, 2006, at 04:17 AM,
x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
> Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 13:33:32 -0500
> From: Eugene
> Subject: Re: [X4U] What Is IMAP ?
> To: x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
snip
> Better to move away from mail clients that cannot tolerant
> errant data.  It is completely ridiculous to allow a few bad
> characters in a mail message to crash your mail program.
> And this is supposed to be the 21st century!

It does seem that until Apple releases another few more security
updaters for OSX.3.9 that it's Mail.app may get updated from it's
current version of 1.3.11 (v622/623)(or have we been dropped by
the wayside already?). Now, although I find it comforting that I'm
not alone on this problem of unique mails crashing Mail, I'd very
much like to figure out if the problem just might be connected
somehow to my choices in Mail's Preferences like in my chosen
use of Fonts(Courier, Helvetica, and Monaco for fixed-width) or
their sizes(all set at 14), or that I haven't chosen to download
(view) imbedded images in HTML mail, or any mix of the above that
would cause these crashes and Inbox corruption to occur simply
upon the downloading(or receipt in Inbox?), any thoughts and/or
ideas to enable the(my) preferred/continued use of Apple Mail
(hopefully without the troubles) would be very much welcomed and
highly appreciated. TIA

Respectful of GURUs
Bill Cornett
cornettATgolDOTcom