[X4U] Mail problems

Glen McKnight glen.mcknight at ntlworld.com
Fri May 5 11:24:57 PDT 2006

Hello

A friend of mine has a problem with mail, her mail is forwarded to
Virgin.net she opens mail - gets her email, but if she leaves the
program open, it doesn't connect to the server when she tries 10 mins
later, all she gets is the spinning ball and a message saying the
connection to the server has timed out.
The only way around this I have found is to quit mail and reopen, this
works sometimes, other times she has to restart her laptop, this is
starting to annoy her.
She can still use internet explorer or safari, her broadband
connection is still open.

I have just noticed the same thing on my machine last night I left
the mail program running and after an hour it was set to collect
mail, I noticed my virgin account had a triangle alongside, when I
clicked on the triangle it told me the connection had timed out. Only
restarting my computer enabled that account.

Any ideas?

Have Fun

Glen