[X4U] "Find" highlighted color in Preview...any way to change?

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Fri May 5 16:47:01 PDT 2006

I do a lot of searching through voluminous PDF files for word strings
using the fantastic Spotlight feature.  I love Preview's display, in
the tray, of all of the "hits" for the search and the ability to skip
directly to the page that I need.

However, the highlight color for me on Preview is a drab gray...and I
have a really  hard time finding it sometimes in a page full of text.

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to change the highlight color in
those PDF documents to something more colorful.  I can't find a
setting anywhere in Preview's preferences for this, and the standard
MacOS X "Appearance" pane in the System Preferences application
doesn't affect it.

Thanks!
Michael