[X4U] Problem accessing Major league baseball 2006 archives

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sun May 7 10:38:03 PDT 2006

I am hoping somebody will be able to help me with this problem. I
have called MLB three times and been kept on hold for an hour each
time; two of those times I was told a Mac tech would call me back but
it didn't happen. Have also emailed several times and was finally
sent an email telling me I had to call the support number.

I am using a g4 mac mini with macos 10.4.6 and am now using flip4mac.
Used MLB gameday audio successfully all last season and for world
Baseball classic. I am blind, so I am using the built-in voiceover
system for blind which is accessed by pressing command-f5. My problem
is that while I can listen to gameday audio live games and can access
the 2005 archives, I cannot find a way to access the 2006 archives.
The exception to this is that if an audio link is still up from
earlier thad day, I can access that archived game. I don't know if
this is a Mac problem or a problem with what I'm able to find with
voiceover: i.e.: perhaps something graphical is not showing up. Here
are the steps I've followed to try to access the 2006 archives:

1. I go to the mlb website (I've started using the narrow bandwidth
site because while the audio that plays when the site is loaded used
to play now it just makes my mac mini's fan rev up.

2. I go to the "gameday audio" link.
3. I go to the "on demand" link.
4. I go to the "html version" link.
5. After clicking on the "html version" link (actually it's a key
combination I use as a blind voiceover user rather than an actual
mouse) I get to an url that ends in grid.jsp. It does indeed show
links o archived games in mlbtv and gameday audio but the links on
the page are still for the World Series for 2005. There is a set of
popups for selecting a different date; I can change the month and day
popups, but 2005 appears to be the only year in the year popup menu.

I did post this on a list specifically for blind users but got no
look for or something I need to do to access the 2006 archives. I do
know this might be difficult if mlb has somehow implemented some kind
of graphical setup I either can't find or can't click.

tia for any help.

--
Cheryl
"Where your treasure is,