[X4U] Web design and lay out program?

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Tue May 9 16:52:05 PDT 2006

At 3:30 PM -0500 5/9/06, Linda wrote:
>On 5/9/06 3:04 PM, Kevin.Hahn at colorado.edu wrote:
>
>>  I am looking for some recommendations for a basic web design and layout
>>  program. It doesn't need to be all that loaded with features. I am mainly
>>  looking for something comparable to MS Front page for PCs but for
>>Mac. Anyone
>>  have any recomendations besides dreamweaver?
>
>Dreamweaver, a true professional product (in the same vein as GoLive), is in
>a different league from FrontPage.
>
>For consumer apps, I've seen RapidWeaver and Freeway recommended on lists
>like this.
><http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/>
><http://softpress.com/>
>
>There's sort of a roundup listed here: <http://www.pure-mac.com/webed.html>
>
>and don't forget Apple's own iWeb. <http://www.apple.com/ilife/iweb/>

And for really simple things like, make a page, add text, graphics
and links, you can hardly beat the Composer module in Mozilla, which
is free. I have found that iWeb is easy, but you can quickly get in
over your head if you want to customize their pages. And they are
FULL of little detailed files, making them hard to edit. My husband,
making his first web page, has been driven wild by it and has
switched with the greatest relief to Mozilla.

Daly