[X4U] Any way to change port for local web server?

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sat May 13 17:16:09 PDT 2006

Strange...

I do have a router, but when I select the Port Forwarding option, I
can only specify ports to be forwarded to my server...no way that I
can see to specify an incoming port (say 9999) to map to a local port
(80) on a given IP address on my network.

And regarding editing the httpd.conf file:  I only know to use
textedit to modify the file, but it makes a .txt file, whos atributes
don't change even though I change the extension to .conf.  If I place
this file back into /etc/httpd/  then the Web Sharing won't launch
correctly.  Replacing this file with the original backup (with its
blank, generic icon) allows the Apache server to fire up without any
problem.

Michael