[X4U] "Find" highlighted color in Preview...any way to change?

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Tue May 16 05:20:19 PDT 2006

At 7:33 PM -0500 5/6/06, Michael Elliott wrote:
>Maybe I can just print all of my files with bright red backgrounds
>and yellow text ;-)
>
>On May 6, 2006, at 5:21 PM, John Kiss wrote:
>>On May 6, 2006, at 12:08 PM, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:
>>
>>>John, type a search term into Preview's drawer, then select one of the
>>>
>>>results. The corresponding word will be highlighted in the PDF, but in gray,
>>>
>>>not in the selection color chosen in the Appearance pane.
>>>
>>You're right. I misunderstood you at first. Boy, gray gets lost
>>very easily on a page.
>>I know of no way around this limitation.

We had what I thought was a solution to this a couple of weeks ago:
type your search term. You will have a list of the "hits". Click on
the document itself to move the focus from the search column. As soon
as you click anywhere on the document itself, the found terms are
highlighted in the selection color, not gray.  What more are you
looking for?

Daly