[X4U] Remote Desktop Question

jessup at san.rr.com jessup at san.rr.com
Mon May 22 12:45:24 PDT 2006

Rod Buchanan asked:

>Is Apple Remote Desktop limited to machines on the same network, or could
it
be used to support a Mac in a different state, for example?

You can use it where you like. I have used it with remote Macs, though if
they were behind a firewall we had to forward a port on their router so the
traffic was sent to their own computer in their local network.

However, my own experience of it was that it was unacceptably slow... so
slow that I couldn't really get any work done. I have been disappointed in
it. But perhaps it was my own setup doing that. I have heard of others
using it very successfully.

Daly