[X4U] Does Apple make a less stiffer keyboard?

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Mon May 29 12:33:30 PDT 2006

Fabian Fang wrote:
> On May 29, 2006, at 11:10 AM, Robert Nicholson wrote:
>
>> Is the iceKey the same as the Kensington Slim one then? I found that
>> with the Kensington Slim one the spacebar was too small.
>
> I have both keyboards, which meet my needs better than several Apple
> keyboards.  The spacebar of the Macally iceKey keyboard is a little
> wider (11.5 cm) than the spacebar of the Kensington Slim Type keyboard
> (9 cm).

Are you able to compare the key noise and feedback to the Apple Pro keyboard,
such as furnished with the MDD G4?

When new, my Pro board was fine. It seems to have worn, and the keys are
getting "hitches" in the depression.
I guess it's a new lube job, or replace the board.

Anybody know what a lube-job costs?

keith whaley