[X4U] Re: Rolling back to 10.4.7

Cornett cornett at gol.com
Fri Nov 3 00:06:42 PST 2006

Linda, et All
G'day! to All...and hope you're not freezin'...

On Nov 03, 2006, at 01:09 AM,
x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
> Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 16:55:55 -0600
> From: Linda
> Subject: Re: [X4U] Re: Rolling back to 10.4.7
> To: "A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
> 	<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> On 11/1/06 4:35 PM, Cornett wrote:
>> flavor of OSX and users without the need for using Classic either,
>
> The very last version of IE runs in OS X -- no need for Classic.

Many Thanx for your kind correction, it's just that since about OS9
I've always tossed IE in the Trash following any nuke & pave install,
and've continued that custom thru OSX.2 - OSX.3.9 and next week will
be venturing into my first install/use of OSX.4 and'll undoubtedly
be repeating same if'n it's included in the DVD installer before I
subsequently update to X.4.7. All of my trusty Macs for 10yrs+ have
always run very well as M$/Gates Free zones. ;-)

> It can be handy to have more than one browser in your arsenal -- I've
> never
> yet found a browser that works on 100% of Web pages 100% of the time.
> ;-)

Understandably quite true, and in OS9.x/Classic the likes of; Netscape,
iCab, Opera and WamCom work, while in OSX.2 and beyond; Safari, FireFox,
Camino, iCab and Opera (and if one so chooses Netscape and Mozilla too),
are pretty much all the browsing power one should ever need. I've each
of the newest versions installed, yet've given up on Netscape & Mozilla
in OSX other than as bookmark moving tools. Are there any others that
I've missed and need to install and tryout?

Respectful of GURUs
Bill Cornett

/