[X4U] Printing to Linux box via CUPS

Jay C Vollmer jvollmer at visi.com
Sat Nov 4 20:21:48 PST 2006

Hello.

I'm the happy owner of a new Mac Mini which is sitting next to a
SuSE Linux system.  Anyway, I'm trying to get the Mac Mini running OSX
10.4.8 to print to an Epson Stylus Color 850 on the SuSE 10.1 system
via CUPS.

When I add the IP printer in MacOSX, the printer is detected and
shows up as idle - accepting jobs, but print jobs sent to
that printer sit in the local queue and never get sent to the Linux
box.  The print queue tool in MacOSX tells me that the host the
printer is on is busy, but that isn't true.

I have no trouble printing to that printer via IPP protocol from a
wireless laptop also running SuSE 10.1.

I've checked to make sure that I do have cupsd running on the Macintosh
and I've verified that it isn't a firewall issue.

Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe.

--
JAY VOLLMER        JVOLLMER at VISI.COM
TEXT REFS DOUBLEPLUSUNGOOD SELFTHINK