[X4U] non bootable DVD

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 08:35:43 PST 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 7:49 AM, Xavier Noria wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2006, at 4:41 PM, Wayne Wilkin wrote:
>
>> Your not going to get a standard Tiger disk to boot the any of the
>> Intels. You can only boot from the original installer disks.

Apple has released a universal installer disc. At least there is one
available to developers - I assume that that's also what they're
shipping in retail boxes these days, but I haven't actually checked.

> I bought this MacBook in the Apple Store and it came with the system
> preinstaled as far as I recall. Hmmm, the only install DVD at home
> seems to be this one. Should I have a different DVD?

An install disc (and a couple of others probably) should have come
with the computer. Look around the cardboard sleeve that the disc
you're trying to use came in, somewhere it should say what machines it
supports.

Phil