[X4U] non bootable DVD

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Nov 14 08:42:28 PST 2006

>From what I discovered I think you get an intel installer if you have an
intel and PPC install DVD if you have a PPC. I tried my intel Tiger on a PPC
and vice versa and they didn't work. That is they only work with their
respective system either intel or PPC.

That said I've been able to boot up my iMactel from the installer disc no
problem. There's no reason I can tell why you shouldn't be able to do the
same from a Mac Book.