Virtual Luddite ANNOUNCE (RE: [X4U] fellow luddites?)

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Fri Nov 17 16:13:00 PST 2006

On Nov 17, 2006, at 12:00 PM, John Richardson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have 2 wooden antique slide rules with leather cases.....Ha, Ha.....
>
> Boy, do I love these threads....

*
In addition to my K&E, I also have a 10-inch Japanese Sun Hemmi Model
153 Electrical Engineer's Slide Rule, made of bamboo, which I bought
on the streets of Tokyo in 1950.  I paid about $3.00 for it.  It got
me all the way through a BS in EE at Georgia Tech and an MS in EE at
Stanford.

It has all the usual scales, plus a set of very accurate vector
scales for engineering, for example:

   3 + j4 = 5 @ arccos (0.6)

It does complex algebra routinely.

BTW, I'm not completely a Luddite.  I also have an Intel iMac with
1GB RAM, about 750 GB of HD, System X 10.4.8 and a good fast internet
connection.

Cheers!

earle
*