[X4U] Parallels vs. Windows

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sat Nov 18 17:52:22 PST 2006

On 11/18/06 7:39 AM, "Robert Ameeti" <robert at ameeti.net> wrote:

> If the only things you need to do with Windows are as stated, when
> would you see the 'compromised' performance?

I've not tested the tasks I need to do using Parallels (my business use
requires a secure connection, etc.). However, seeing that it can't even drag
an icon across the desktop at the same speed I usually use my mouse was a
bit disconcerting. Perhaps that's "graphics intensive", but it's something
Windows XP does under Boot Camp without hiccupping. I was looking for some
other real-world workflow examples comparing the two environments.

Jim Robertson