[X4U] google crashes my browsers

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Tue Nov 21 07:27:37 PST 2006

I am running 10.4.8 and Safari 2.0.4. I have no problem with that site.

Since you are having problems with a number of browsers and since
this site has a significant amount of javascript, I'd be concerned
that there is something wrong at a system level, with a plug-in, or
with a bad preference file. Also, perhaps you have installed a plug-
in that is conflicting.

A couple steps to try:

1) Log-in to another user account on your computer, navigate to the
site and see if you still have the problem.

2) If (1) is successful, log out of your primary account and then log
back in keeping the shift key down. This will keep log-in items from
finance.google site.

3) If (2) is successful, then you need to check your log-in items,
internet plug-ins, and preference files (see below) in your user
library folder, etc. to try to find the culprit.

4) If neither (2) or (3) are successful, you may have an issue with a
plug-in in the /Library folder. That folder has files that is
available to all users.

5) One other thing to try is to download Preferential Treatment from
Version Tracker or MacUpdate and run a consistency check on your user
and system preferences.

Good luck,

Norm
---
Norman A. Cohen
nacohen at mac.com

"It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis."
Margaret Bonnano