[X4U] Need a Panther set 10.3.5 or greater

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Tue Nov 21 18:44:54 PST 2006

On 11/21/06, "Robert A. (Bob) Hall" <rahall at ptd.net> wrote:

> I bought a processor upgrade for my G4 computer that requires OS
> 10.3.5. I did not realize my Installation Cd set was 10.3.3 and am
> unable to reboot my computer from my CDs. I want to stay with Panther
> as I do no like Tiger. Does any one have a Panther start up set
> 10.3.5 or greater for sale or gift.
>
> Or can anyone tell where I can buy a set.

Google should help. However, be certain, before you opt for anything out there,
that it'll work with your machine. Unless they're universal installers, they
might not work with your setup. You can probably get it from the Apple Store
for the full retail $130.

BTW, there are other options, depending on whether or not you've installed the
processor upgrade. If not, then just reinstall 10.3.3 and update to 10.3.9,
then reinstall the processor upgrade. If so, get a bootable, external FireWire
HD, find someone with a similar machine, use it to install 10.3.3 onto the
FWHD, update it to 10.3.9, use it to boot the machine, and use something like
Carbon Copy Cloner to clone it to the G4. That'll has the benefit of being
usable for future backups.