[X4U] Parallels Desktop

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Nov 29 10:29:21 PST 2006

I'm trying to advise someone which way to go "Bootcamp" or "Parallels
Desktop", and since I don't have access to an Intel based Mac yet, I haven't
a clue.

I personally think "Parallels Desktop" is the better solution, but after
thinking about the intended use, I'm thinking "Bootcamp" might be better.

A. Needs to be *simple* and no possibility of confusion (yes, I know leaving
Windows out would be best, but as you can see from the following that's not
an option)
B. Geneology Software, including the possibility of having to run some under
Virtual PC (Win95)
C. Drive a Microfilm scanner that is "Windows Only", and later will likely
also need to talk to a Microfiche scanner
D. Interface with a fancy sewing machine

		Zane