[X4U] Stuck CD - advice much appreciated.

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Thu Nov 30 15:18:11 PST 2006

So the disc is full-size then?

Check out AppleCare docs on resetting the Power Manager Unit for your
model. On my 17" AlBook at home I had this issue when I first got it and
resetting the PMU helped. I think it was holding the Power Button for 5
seconds when booting up or maybe another key holding was involved.

Cheers,

Coj

eleventhvolume <colin at eleventhvolume.com>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
01/12/06 10:03 AM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

"OS X list user.\"" <x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
[X4U] Stuck CD - advice much appreciated.

Dear List,

I have a CD that is stuck inside my MacBook Pro. The eject mechanism
attempts to eject the CD, but appears to encounter a problem, gives up and
remounts the disc on the desktop and iTunes. From the sound of it, it's a
hardware rather than a software problem. I can't see any obstruction, but
there's not much to see anyway. The disc appeared perfectly fine when I
inserted it and plays fine via iTunes. Can anybody recommend anything to
get
it out? Advice would be much appreciated as I use the drive a lot.

All the best, Colin.

The CD is a review disc by an electronica group called Gescom. It's a CD
reissue of the world's first minidisc-only release, now that minidisc has
become an almost defunct medium. Perhaps there's some form of revenge, and
certainly irony, in this situation.

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff: