[X4U] Stuck CD - advice much appreciated.

john john at MLCE.net
Thu Nov 30 16:09:33 PST 2006

>Dear List,
>
>I have a CD that is stuck inside my MacBook Pro. The eject mechanism
>attempts to eject the CD, but appears to encounter a problem, gives up and
>remounts the disc on the desktop and iTunes. From the sound of it, it's a
>hardware rather than a software problem. I can't see any obstruction, but
>there's not much to see anyway. The disc appeared perfectly fine when I
>inserted it and plays fine via iTunes. Can anybody recommend anything to get
>it out? Advice would be much appreciated as I use the drive a lot.
>
>All the best, Colin.
>
>The CD is a review disc by an electronica group called Gescom. It's a CD
>reissue of the world's first minidisc-only release, now that minidisc has
>become an almost defunct medium. Perhaps there's some form of revenge, and
>certainly irony, in this situation.

If the disc has a paper label on it, that is most likely your
problem.  Why Apple didn't make the slot  just a hair bigger is one
knowing more that I do, but the slot is sooooo small that a paper
label is just enough thicker to very often cause the disc to stay in
the slot.  Don't know the remedy save having a tech take it out.  I
am curious to see where this goes on this list.

Best of luck.

John Dach