[X4U] Mac Pro firmware update

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 16:05:51 PDT 2006

On Oct 2, 2006, at 3:22 PM, Allan Rube¹ wrote:

> I looked there and saw Boot ROM version, which I read shows the
> firmware.
> However, it says MP11.005C.B00
> I can't tell if that is the latest firmware (I bought my Mac Pro 3
> weeks ago.)
> When I follow the instructions for EFI Firmware Update 1.0, it
> comes back to
> the screen saying if these instructions appear on your screen
> again, the
> firmware update was not successful. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4.
> I have repeated them several times with the same result.

It's clearly not the latest firmware as the update says that the
version will be MP11.005C.B01 after a successful update.

Are you pressing and holding the power button on the Mac and not the
keyboard, are you seeing the flashing light and then the progress bar?

Have you tried following the second part of the Note (included below)
included with the instructions?

Note:
This update requires a Macintosh formatted disk or partition. If you
are starting up using a RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks)
subsystem, you must attach a Macintosh formatted storage device to
apply this update.

Some USB and FireWire devices may prevent firmware updates from
installing correctly. If you are having trouble installing an update
try disconnecting non-essential devices and use only an Apple branded
keyboard, mouse and monitor.

Phil