[X4U] How to print in Classic if no classic printer driver

Stephen Lanza slanza at swcomplement.com
Thu Oct 5 09:07:34 PDT 2006

I am trying to get a friend up on Tiger and a newer machine . They have one
old classic application that they still need and can't do without.

Unfortunately, they also need a new inkjet printer as the StyleWriter they
were using can't be used with the new machine (no printer port, just usb or
firewire).

They bought a Canon ip6310D inkjet but there is no classic printer driver
for it and the 'Mac Classic BH Printer Driver' that Canon says (on their
website) can be used cannot be found (not by me anyway.)

Is there a way to print from classic without a classic printer driver. I
thought I read somewhere that OS X could handle printing for classic.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Stephen Lanza
Software Complement