[X4U] OSX + Intel :: Adobe updates rumors?

Pete Zimowski petez at mac.com
Thu Oct 5 20:17:03 PDT 2006

>> I am interested in upgrading to a 24 inch iMac Intel ... But I don't
>> want to try running Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop and Illustrator
>> inside Rosetta...
>>
>> Anyone heard anything about Adobe's planned releases?

I just took delivery of a new 24" iMac.  Got it with the 2.33 GHz
C2D, 500GB hard drive, full 3 GB of RAM, 256 MB GPU - basically the
works.

I love this machine!  It's replacing a five-year-old Dual-800
Quicksilver G4 running a 22" Cinema Display.  I thought my old Cinema
Display was hanging in there nicely until I saw the brightness of the
iMac.

I am a CS2 user and have installed it on the iMac.  I think it runs
on par with how it performs on the Quicksilver, which is fast enough
for what we do.  As far as I've been able to tell, there are no weird
hiccups with CS2 and Rosetta.  I had more problems with Office 2004
getting up an running.

I went with the iMac because the C2D is a good jump ahead in
processor (64-bit), and we were looking to reduce the desk space
requirements of our photo processing center.

As far as the Adobe release schedule, no one knows for sure.  I guess
the whole point of this post is that CS2 will work quite well on the
iMac 24 until CS3 comes along.  They've gotta be making progress, as
Lightroom B4 is Universal.....

HTH

Pete