[X4U] Commentary: Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Oct 17 07:17:56 PDT 2006

On Oct 16, 2006, at 9:56 PM, Michael Elliott wrote:

> What's all this confusion about tinyurl?  It's a free service that
> just translates a huge URL into a tiny one, which then redirects to
> the orginal, complicated URL, so that nobody has to type a huge URL
> into their web browser.

I agree, its a cool service. The problem is not knowing where that
redirect is actually taking you -there are malicious web sites out
there.  I'm one of many who hesitate about clicking a tinyURL.
Unless I know the person its coming from, or unless its very
important to me to see, I'll pass on it.

Now that I think of it, maybe including the target domain in the
tinyURL would be a good feature for the company to add.

-Mike