[X4U] New Mac Upgrade

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Wed Oct 18 11:56:37 PDT 2006

On 10/18/06 1:51 PM, John Belen wrote:

> Has anyone actually USED Migration Assistant? How well does it work?

I witnessed a G4 Quicksilver user who migrated to a Mac Book Pro in less
than 15 minutes. The user had all of her data in her user folder, so there
wasn¹t any poking around the hard disk to find stuff later, though. When she
finished registering the MBP (the Migration Assistant question comes up
before the actual registration), her user was intact and her desktop was
identical to the one she¹d had on the Quicksilver G4. It was a flawless
process ‹ right down to instructions about the Firewire cable, when to
reboot, holding down the T key, the whole process. I walked away extremely
impressed.

~Linda