[X4U] New Mac Upgrade

John Belen imacdude at mac.com
Wed Oct 18 11:51:01 PDT 2006

So tomorrow I am to give the presentation to the Lansing Area Mac
Users group (www.lamalug.org) on upgrading to your new Mac.

My Macbook Pro has just arrived.  I'll complete my Backup 2.2 just
prior to the meeting, and my Dot Mac Sync, and a complete backup of
my machine prior to the meeting.

I will cover the info about how you CAN'T just clone your drive onto
the Intel Macs from the Powermacs, and how I CAN'T just take my ATA
160 and stick it into the SATA Macbook Pro.

Has anyone actually USED Migration Assistant? How well does it work?

Is there any info that you all, as Gurus and Geeks, would cover to a
group of potential Intel Mac buyers on the upgrade process?

Tell me about your trial and errors, please?

Thanks!

---
John Belen
Vice President, LAMALUG
Lansing Area Macintosh and Lisa Users Group
http://www.lamalug.org

Promoting the education, awareness and benefits of the Macintosh and
other great Apple products in the Greater Lansing Area.