[X4U] Mail quits

Karlene Goodman karg2 at mac.com
Sat Oct 21 14:20:01 PDT 2006

I am running a G4 12" powerbook with the current OS and suddenly my mail program
crashes every time I open it.  I trashed the pref file in my home folder library
with no effect.  I rebooted and no effect.  Mail opens then starts to download
(spinning thing) then quits unexpectedly. I don't even get an error message.  I
have all the recent Apple software updates and the only new software is
Retrospect Express 6 and a program called Speed tools utilities that came with
my new external HD.  Anyone had this problem?  Any idea how to fix it?  Thanks.

Kel