[X4U] Re: iSight for sale in Europe

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Thu Oct 26 08:00:31 PDT 2006

At 3:26 PM +0100, 10/26/06, Simon Forster wrote:

>On 26 Oct 2006, at 14:41, Robert Ameeti wrote:
>
>>Anything illegal will cost you more than on the open market.
>
>1) I don't believe that the european directive covers the sale of
>second-hand goods. Ergo, the sale is not illegal.
>
>2) "Street" cigarettes[1] versus legitimate cigarettes sold in the
>shops in the UK? Illegal cigarettes are significantly cheaper than
>their legal counterparts.

Things become more costly when they are otherwise illegal to be
purchased. When you can't buy a new iSight, the used becomes more
expensive.

When you can't buy drugs legally, they become much more expensive
than if they were traded legally.

In the case of cigarettes, you can still buy legal cigarettes thus
the traders of illegal cigarettes have to offer an incentive to sell
their illegal one, and they do this via a discount. The illegal
cigarettes are typically of an inferior (perceived or otherwise)
quality. Or there may be a risk involved.

Prohibition always raises the cost. Either via $, or difficulty of
obtaining, or quality or ...
--

Robert Ameeti

An onion can make people cry, but there has never been a vegetable invented to make them laugh.
-- Will Rogers