[X4U] fellow luddites?

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Mon Oct 30 07:09:04 PST 2006

Wait a minute... you asked for our opinions, so why argue with it? What's
that about?

No need to play devil's advocate with me. My post, to which you reply,
didn't imply good or bad of the people who did or didn't move from 68K to
PPC or from OS 9 to OS X. I only said to look at history -- made no judgment
whether history was good or bad!

The "actual danger" that I see is from each side:

1) I don't know anyone using OS 9 who can reliably load web pages over a
dialup connection. Web content has grown, stuff like Flash doesn't go
backwards, and so many sites fall over when viewed in an old browser;
because Apple stopped supporting OS 9, modem scripts haven't been updated in
years, and the OS 9 users I know get disconnected a LOT, if they are able to
connect at all.

2) My G5 can't boot with my SCSI card installed, so how am I to access all
of my Jaz carts and SyQuest carts?

There are problems with moving up, and there are problems with staying
behind. I made no judgments about the worth of either -- only suggested you
look at history and decide for yourself.

~Linda