[X4U] Re: Spam Filter In Mail

Ray Choiniere rfcee at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 1 15:27:54 PDT 2006

On Sep 1, 2006, at 11:00 AM, midiboy at mac.com wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2006, at 11:40 PM, B. Kuestner wrote:
>
> (regarding Apple Mail's spam filter)
>>
>>> Everything that comes through my .mac address is filtered almost
>>> perfectly, but almost nothing from my cable company address is
>>> filtered at all.  Any ideas on what I can do?  I am deluged with
>>> stock tips and pharmaceutical ads, etc.

I wonder if you've looked at SpamSieve. It doesn't keep spam from
reaching Mail, but it does quite a good job of separating the spam
from other mail. It costs a few dollars (I don't recall how much, but
pretty cheap), and it wants some training (easy to do). I've used it
enough now that I rarely look at anything in Mail's Spam folder. I
know that SpamSieve is doing the job right for me 99 times out of
100. I would not be without it; it's been a sanity-saver.

Ray