[X4U] Using Apple's Find (Command F)

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Fri Sep 1 17:42:20 PDT 2006

At 2:50 PM -0700 1/9/06, Mark Paul wrote:
>Create a New Smart Folder.
>
>Pick where you want it to search: Computer, Home, or particular folders.
>
>Pick what kind of files you want to see. (All files anywhere on your
>computer is going to show preferences, cached web images, so you
>probably want to narrow the types or limit the universe to the
>folders that contain your work documents.)
>
>Add a search criteria for Last Modified. Set it to today.
>
>On the View area, toggle list view. Click on the Last Modified
>column to sort by time modified.

I was following your instructions just to get more familiar with
Smart Folders, and stuck on one point: When you say, "Pick what kind
of files you want to see," where does one choose that? Or do you mean
pick as one of the search criteria, as in, "Kind = xxxx"?

Also, I have a confusion here, because I thought a big problem with
Spotlight was that it deliberately omits quite a few folders from its
searches, so it would not search the entire hard drive. Has that
changed?

Daly