[X4U] Re: parallels

PoolMouse poolmouse_nyc at mac.com
Wed Sep 6 13:11:31 PDT 2006

Mitchell Senft <ms53 at optonline.net> wrote:

>Continuing my series of simple questions from simple people:
>
>We're contemplating a dual-boot MacBook so Parallels is very
>attractive (as opposed to BootCamp).

boot camp = dual boot

>Question is that I've read and
>read, including parsing the Parallels start guide, and I still have
>no idea exactly it works. Does it have to be booted like an app on
>startup every time?

yep...launching parallels (or the forthcoming openvms virtualization
app) is launching windows.

>And I assume the Win apps get installed where
>apps normally get installed? Day to day, how easy is it to use?

windows exists as an image file (you specify image size). as easy to
use as windows.

better to look at crossover (wine implementation - lets you run
windows apps natively using windows api...without needing ms windows):

	http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

don

--

don montalvo, nyc