[X4U] parallels

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Wed Sep 6 14:45:21 PDT 2006

In Windows . . .the C drive is just a file to the Mac side . . .so
you just install apps as you would under Windows.

I believe that Parallels has a feature to save the booted condition
of the virtual machine; so when you restart Parallels next time
instead of booting Windows again it just restores (quicker than
booting) the pre-existing saved condition. It's similar to the
hibernate feature in Windows.

On Sep 6, 2006, at 05:50, Mitchell Senft wrote:

> We're contemplating a dual-boot MacBook so Parallels is very
> attractive (as opposed to BootCamp). Question is that I've read and
> read, including parsing the Parallels start guide, and I still have
> no idea exactly it works. Does it have to be booted like an app on
> startup every time? And I assume the Win apps get installed where
> apps normally get installed? Day to day, how easy is it to use?

There are only three kinds of stress; your basic nuclear stress,
cooking stress, and A$$hole stress. The key to relating them together
is Jello.

neil