[X4U] Graphics Tablets, Ink, Software, and Artists

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Thu Sep 7 10:30:42 PDT 2006

I have an artist friend that has not discovered the amazing software
that exists for artists on a Mac. I am referring to the kinds of
things that they can do on a graphics tablet with pressure sensitive
pens which recognize angle, pressure, and perhaps more.

Where is the Mac today in this regard? Which tablets are best (or is
there really only 1 mfg?) What software will an artist want to use?
(My friend is a painter.) Is bigger always better?

And then lastly, has Apple dropped Ink as a technology? I do see that
Tiger still has it as a feature but I've heard nothing about it from
Apple lately. :-(
--

Robert Ameeti

A witty saying proves nothing.