[X4U] old printer to new os

Rod Buchanan lists_lrb at mac.com
Thu Sep 7 11:50:24 PDT 2006

On 9/7/06 8:33 AM, "Da Pen" <macstonelson at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to use my old
> Okidata 410e/ps laser printer with OS 10.4.7?  Is
> there a driver program out there that would work?

If the "/ps" means PostScript I would think the setting it up as a "Generic
PostScript Printer" would work.

> Also, how would I go about connecting it?  I use the
> printer port from the back of my old Duo 2300c dock -
> I don't think the printer has appletalk network
> connector.  It also has an PC-style parallel?
> connector.  Are cables available for the conversion?

If it has an Ethernet interface built-n you're set.  If not you could use a
print server and connect it via Ethernet.

Years ago I used a Belkin Parallel-USB cable to hook an HP DeskJet 600 to an
old iMac.  Don't know if those cables are still around, nor if they would
work with any other printer but the DeskJet.

HTH,

--
Rod

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
-- Carl Sagan