[X4U] A couple of questions

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 23 11:43:10 PDT 2006

On 9/23/06 10:06 AM, Kurt Hindenburg <kurt.hindenburg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Using Command-H, the app is not visible on the bottom/right side of
> the taskbar (I may forgot the app is running).  This is O.K., just different
> from minimizing.

Yes, it's different from minimizing. I prefer it due to the fact that it
doesn't use redundant Dock space. The way to know that an application is
still running is if there is a black arrow underneath its Dock icon. Also,
you will be reminded that the application is still running when you use
Command-Tab to cycle applications. And some OS X users will note that it's
not that big a deal to leave applications running and forget about them (as
long as you have plenty of RAM, like 1-2GB).

>> You may be able to change it to simply the Delete key via
>
> via...?

I'm sorry, I forgot to edit out that part of my reply. I WAS going to say
via OS X's built-in keyboard shortcut modification capabilities. But I gave
it a try and it didn't work. It doesn't seem to recognize the Delete key.

> On my system, it is Command-Backspace; Command-Delete doesn't do
> anything.  This is likely my fault as I've changed a few things with
> Backspace/Delete keys for the terminal.

On a Mac there is no key called Backspace. What a PC keyboard refers to as
Backspace is called Delete on a Mac and what a PC refers to as Delete is
called Forward Delete on a Mac. The only reason I'm explaining this is so
you can understand that when I say to use Command-Delete, I'm talking about
the key directly above the pipe, or |, symbol.

--
Eddie Hargreaves