[X4U] Safari question

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 04:04:06 PDT 2006

On Sep 26, 2006, at 11:08 PM, Michel Treisman wrote:

> When I wanted to download a PDF file in Safari, and clicked on it,
> what used to happen was this: After quite a long wait, the Adobe
> Reader toolbar would appear at the top of a browser page, and the
> PDF file would open in the browser.
>
> But I wanted to download the files to the desktop instead

Control-click or right click if you have multi-button mouse and chose
the appropriate menu entry to avoid the normal left click behavior.

> , so I broke the connection with Adobe Reader. Result is not very
> good. The PDF files don’t download either way. The PDF URL appears
> in the URL bar, but it stops there – nothing happens.  So I would
> like to go back to the way it was before, but I can’t remember what
> I did. I am running 10.4.7 on a powerbook.
>
> Things I have tried   -  I could find nothing useful in Safari
> preferences.
>                                     Reset Safari
>                                     Repair permissions and run
> Diskwarrior
>                                     Trash preferences
>                                     Reinstall Safari by running the
> 10.4.7 Combo updater.

While you should be able to manually fix this (I forget where this
done, but someone else will probably remember) reinstalling Acrobat
Reader should do the trick.

Phil