[X4U] Safari question

Michel Treisman treisman at psy.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 26 23:08:51 PDT 2006

Hi -
When I wanted to download a PDF file in Safari, and clicked on it,
what used to happen was this:  After quite a long wait, the Adobe
Reader toolbar would appear at the top of a browser page, and the PDF
file would open in the browser.

But I wanted to download the files to the desktop instead, so I broke
the connection with Adobe Reader.
Result is not very good.  The PDF files don’t download either way.
The PDF URL appears in the URL bar, but it stops there – nothing
happens.  So I would like to go back to the way it was before, but I
can’t remember what I did.  I am running 10.4.7 on a powerbook.

Things I have tried   -  I could find nothing useful in Safari
preferences.
                                     Reset Safari
                                     Repair permissions and run
Diskwarrior