[X4U] Safari question

Michel Treisman treisman at psy.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 27 14:16:24 PDT 2006

Thanks to all  the kind folks who replied to my original post.  I
received good advice: to reinstall Adobe Reader.  I reinstalled
Reader and now if I click on a pdf file online, it opens in a Safari
window, and I can then download it to my desktop.  I can live with
that, it is better than before.

If I control click on the pdf URL,  I have the options of 'Open Link'
and 'Download linked file'.  Open Link opens the file in a browser
window. 'Download linked file'  does nothing. - If I open the
Downloads Window, it is quite empty.  But choosing Open Link, and
then Saving the file is a good-enough work-around.

Mike