[X4U] what is "OOPlistDocumentType" preference file ?

Mark Gilchrist markg5 at myrealbox.com
Sat Sep 30 08:11:51 PDT 2006

On 30 Sep 2006, at 15:23, Andrew J. Yon III wrote:

>  Why would Omnioutliner change iChat, Adobe Suite and a host of
> other applications' from .plist to OOPlistDocumentType ?

Again, just a guess, but I don't think anything has actually changed.
It's just the mac trying to interpret the extension/data

As an example I have just started using the 3D app, Poser. When I
save a file it gets the extension .pmd. This is seen by my Mac as a
"Microsoft Excel Binary Document" and given an icon corresponding to
what looks like a Classic version of Excel - not the newer icon set
at all. It was made by Poser, but my mac doesn't believe me.

If you get a chance look again at this OOPListDocumentType and see if
the icon is an orange colour (I think) - OOP tends to do things in
orange

HTH