[X4U] Firewire problems

Allan Rube ¹ allan at nhbungalow.com
Wed Apr 4 05:04:37 PDT 2007

My firewire ports - Mac Pro running 10.4.9 have worked on and off since
January. I have a firewire card reader and one hard drive.

I ran the Apple Diagnostic test today and it said there were no problems.

I repaired permissions, shut off the Mac, unplugged all cables, waited an
hour and turned it back on with no firewire devises present. I added my
firewire card reader and nothing was seen.

Here are two screen shots. The first shows what the firewire section of
System profiler looks like when my firewire was working - and it did after I
installed 10.4.9, and the second shows what it looks like now.

At wits end:

Good

http://www.nhbungalow.com/nc/firewiregood.jpg

Bad

http://www.nhbungalow.com/nc/firewirebad.jpg

Can anyone tell me other things to try? (Besides buy a usb reader and usb
case, or buy a firewire card.)

Allan
Nashua, New Hampshire
www.nebirds.com