[X4U] Mouse issues in 10.4.7

SE MacTechLists at cox.net
Sat Apr 7 10:33:28 PDT 2007

I recently upgraded the OS on a G4 MDD, 1.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM from OS 10.3.9
to 10.4.7

This was done to eliminate some issues with InDesign CS2 and OS 10.3.9

I did an achive and install of the new system. I rebuilt permissiions
twice after it was completed. I also ran Tech Tool Pro and repaired any
and all problems. Defragged the hard drive at the end.

The user is now saying she is having problems selecting things with her
Microsoft 2-button mouse. She uses Word everyday and claims she cannot
select a whole line of text the way she always has in the past. Also, to
open a document from the desktop, double clicking does not seem to work.
She has to right click and select open from the short cut menu.

I also noticed last week on another client's new Intel iMac running
10.4.7 that even her new Mighty Mouse seemed to only respond when items
are clicked on percisely and with a lot of pressure.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

SE