[X4U] Re: dvd to audio ripper???

Jeff Carruthers jeff at carruthers.com
Mon Apr 9 10:35:33 PDT 2007

On Apr 9, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Rob Kendall wrote:

> I haven't used it in a very long time, but Audio Hijack should do what
> you want.  Not sure if it re-converts the audio from source (DVD), or
> actually 'rips' the original file, but for $16 may be sufficient.
>
> -Rob
>
>> <snip>
>> Been trying to find an app that would convert a concert DVD into audi
>> for CD and iPod, preferably track by track. And preferably freeware
>> or at least reasonably priced. Googled and Googled and checked
>> VersionTracker and one or two other sites and know success. Can
>> anyone recommend something??
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mitchell

As I understand it, Audio Hijack records the audio that is playing on
your computer. You choose the source application, bit rate and file
type, and hit record. Don't think it is interacting directly the the
DVD (ripping) the way MactheRipper does.

Jeff

Carruthers Communications           Tel: 520-625-1913
292 N. Camino del Vate, Green Valley, AZ 85614
www.carruthers.com                  e-mail: jeff at carruthers.com