[X4U] Problem with Adobe Flash in 10.4.9

Stephen Lanza slanza at swcomplement.com
Tue Apr 17 10:12:06 PDT 2007

Since I upgraded to 10.4.9, I have noticed that in Safari the areas on web
pages devoted to Flash player videos no longer show the first frame of the
video as a . It only shows a dotted line around the area where the video
will be played. This is mostly for YouTube videos.

If I click on the video area a couple of times then the browser is
redirected to the appropriate youtube page and the video plays. In addition,
the original web page now shows the first frame of video (as a placeholder)
that it used to do.

Has anyone seen this behavior in 10.4.9 after upgrading from 10.4.8 using
the combined installer? I did reinstall the latest flash player to be sure
but to no avail.

Thanks.

Stephen