[X4U] Heavy duty job trafficking & tracking software

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Thu Apr 19 17:03:44 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Apologies for cross-posting but I'm in a hurry for a solution! <8-}

I'm looking for directions to a pretty heavy duty job trafficking
software, preferably aimed at the graphic design market.

We have a studio of 17 or so designers and 4 coordinators. The software
would be driven by the coordinators (creation of job tickets etc.) and
then run by the designers. It would be ideal if it could automatically
capture time spent on different jobs, though I think that's probably a
utopian request. Basically, from the designer's end, the least time they
spend administering to it the better.

It would need to have the ability to export reports or data (eg. xml) for
integration with other company systems or be able to receive data from
other systems to perhaps automate some processes already being done in
other parts of the company (eg. job ticket creation done by another dept
not having to be redone because the systems can't talk).

Quotes/job costings/invoices are also an important part.

Can anyone recommend a hard hitter (ie. not interested in small shareware
FileMaker databases) that would satisfy these demands, in essence?

Your urgent feedback is most appreciated!

Regards,

Cojcolds